When using a recruitment agency compliance is looked after by the agency. There are government guidelines that we follow and then, here at The ONE Group, we carry out a few more checks.
• Right to work documentation; Passport / VISA / Birth Certificate / NI Number / Driving license
• Registration form allowing us to represent the candidate
The ONE Group Compliance;
• Right to work documentation; Passport / VISA / Birth Certificate / NI Number / Driving license (seen within 6months)
• Registration form allowing us to represent the candidate (seen within 6months)
• 2 years’ worth of references
• Gaps in employment verified by Self-Certification
Recruitment compliance is essential to ensure best practice within the industry, as per the REC guidelines, with our temporary workforce we check that all candidates eligible for temporary placements have the right to work in the UK.
Meaning as a business, you know all candidates possess the RTW and references are always up-to-date so there are no added risks to you as a client. With our candidates’ permission we can provide with copies of this, or, ask our candidates to bring along their documents on their first day.
We check and take extensive copies of all Right to Work (RTW) documents when we first meet our candidates and request all candidates complete a registration form which includes references from the last two years work history.
At The ONE Group, we do not and would never place a candidate in a new role unless we have their up to date RTW documents and we always endeavour to have referenced them successfully, if we are awaiting references to come back we will always let you know. This process is followed, and updated, for candidates moving between assignments.
If you would like to check the Right to Work laws and make sure your company is covered, you can do so here.
Alternatively, if you require a temporary placement please do not hesitate to get in touch.