The One Group are proud to be working with an amazing business who have been on a great journey and continue to grow from strength to strength. They now have a brilliant role for an experienced Estimator within construction who can lead the way in projects.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join a business who truly invest in their staff.
Duties for this role:
- General estimating for projects and ensure deadlines are met.
- Understand and evaluate project, drawings and costs to ensure the client specifications are met.
- Gathering information and set out costings for clients.
- Work closely with other estimators in the business and other teams.
- Develop relationships with supply chain partners and attend site meetings.
To be part of this team you must be experienced with estimating in the construction industry, have a great personality and enjoy working in a team.
To hear more about this role please click and we will be in touch.
Responsibilities of your typical day could include but not limited to the following:
- Preparing and submitting quotations in the best interest of the company
- Reading drawings and specifications gaining dimensions and details to prepare a tender.
- Overseeing projects to ensure costs remain in line with tendered products and services.
- Compiling bids for work by either drawing take off, schedule or prepared BQs.
- Calculating the cost of materials, transport, labour, and equipment hire as required.
- Obtaining quotes for all predicted requirements from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Collating detailed price lists of everything needed on each construction project.
- Clarifying the client's needs and expectations
- Making use of relevant computer software such as Excel, Word, PDF to provide tenders.
- Assessing and adhering to all risk assessments and health and safety requirements
- Keeping up to date with cost increases on materials, supplier agreements, timescales
- Liaising with others including construction managers, planners, QS and design team.
- Presenting bids to clients by email or letter and answering their questions as required
- Completing work updates and provision of quotes submitted to the relevant sales team.