What could be more satisfying as an Estimator than having an influence on the historic fabric of some of the most iconic buildings in the East of England.
Due to an internal promotion a rare opportunity has arisen for an established and successful Estimator to join one of the region's premier building companies.
Founded more than a century ago their name is synonymous with first-class service and quality craftsman with their involvement seen on some of Cambridge's most prestigious university and college buildings.
Their refurb, restoration and new build work spans churches, cathedrals, high-tech commercial buildings, hospitals and housing projects across Cambridgeshire. Plus they support community initiatives AND invest in their staff to help them reach their full potential.
Sound too good to be true? Well read on….
We are looking for a highly motivated estimator to join the successful team based at their Cambridge head office and be responsible for contributing to the development of many varying projects across East Anglia.
The role will be focused on advising, preparing and winning new tenders for the business. You will need to assist as well as manage the production of tender documents, attend pre-tender and post tender interviews and ultimately produce detailed and accurate tenders for all industry sectors on new build and refurbs up to approximately £8m.
Overall responsibilities include:
* Fully understand the client's requirements by liaising with before, during and following the tender process
* Prepare and ensure tender submissions are submitted accurately and on time
* Engage with supply chain to obtain accurate quotes for materials and services to establish true cost estimates
* Develop the Company's current supply chain introducing new suppliers and subcontractors
* Have a thorough understanding of project, scope of works and restrictions imposed by contractual requirements and site conditions
* Work closely and assist with the pre-construction team on quality questions and further bid requirements
If you have the necessary skills and fit the below person specification, then I want to hear from you:
* Live within 30-40 minutes of Cambridge
* Hold a valid UK driving licence
* Have a strong knowledge of building industry practices, processes as well as up to date knowledge of health and safety matters including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
* An ability to communicate and interact with stakeholders at all levels.
* Knowledge of a range of different construction techniques, including sustainable and environmental construction and their practical implications
* Ability to work to timescales under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent attention to detail
* Possess a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and estimating software
* Experience of working in an estimating/pre-construction department.
On offer is a salary of up to £45,000 plus car or allowance and profit share scheme.
Contact Natalie Matthews on 01223 237888 / 07879 886236 or