The ONE Group are supporting an exceptionally successful R&D consultancy who are currently expanding their team.
They have won some new projects which will give you exposure to working on a blend of medical, biotech, agritech and consumer technology assignments which all involve innovative electromechanical systems and designs.
We are looking for Experienced and Principal Electronics Engineers - individuals who can offer 5 to 20 years' experience and skills and contribute within this multi-disciplinary team.
Projects could be anything from a couple of months to a few years. You would typically be working on 2 or 3 at once.
You can be based at either of their Cambridge or Surrey locations and a relocation package can be offered if you need. The team work collaboratively, so this position is site based, although there will be some reasonable flexibility for ad hoc home working.
- Design high quality analogue and digital circuits for client projects at all stages, from feasibility through to manufacture
- Collaborate with software, mechanical and manufacturing engineers to understand complex electronic requirements and provide input into the most appropriate system architecture
- Interact with clients to plan projects, identify and formalise design requirements, implement, test, and ultimately hand over finished designs
- Contribute to the electronics hardware development within multidisciplinary projects - for more experienced candidates, you will lead the projects
- Support integration & verification activities at hardware and system level
- Excellent academic track record with a degree or postgrad qualification in electronics or a related subject
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in an industrial or consultancy environment - more senior candidates should have 15 - 20 years and a thorough knowledge of how consultancies operate
- Proven track record of the full lifecycle of electronics design
- A hands-on passion for designing both analogue and digital circuits
- Passionate about learning new electronic technologies
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
What else would be useful:
- FPGA hardware design experience including VHDL/ Verilog programming
- Simulation of designs using Spice and/or RF simulators
- RF design, test and compliance to 6GHz
- Experience working with sensors
- Any experience working on Energy Harvesting would be of interest
- Experience taking products to market
What's in it for you?:
- Salary in line with your experience
- Life assurance to four times salary
- Holiday - 25 days + bank holidays
- Profit share scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme (7% company contribution, 3% employee contribution)
- Free lunches onsite
- Private medical insurance (BUPA)
- Permanent health insurance