Full Stack Developer
St Ives, Cambridge
£50,000 - £55,000
This is not your normal developer role - I am looking for someone that has a passion to help shape and build the future of their tools and products. Being less focused on fixing bug issues and churning through tickets, you will be focused more on figuring out how to design and shape new products and driving consistent value to customers.
A market leader within the oil industry, who provides price comparison for UK homes, are going through an exciting phase of growth! For the past year, the business has transitioned from PHP to Ruby on Rails and have not only dominated the UK market, have recently attacked the US market. Not only does their growth consist of scaling up but also, the creation of new products that will continue to change in line with the market.
If you have a passion for mentoring and assisting junior developers, want to join a company during an exciting time for the business AND have working knowledge of infrastructure as code tools, read on!
Working within a cross-functional team, you will be:
- Contributing to product feature developments
- Documenting technology systems, promoting simple and workable software
- Owning decisions regarding to the data store, applications layer and front-end
- Developing neat and well-structured code
- Ensure best practice and user experience across web and mobile applications
- And of course, fixing the occasional bug!
I would love to hear from you if you have:
- Full stack experience writing reliable and maintainable code
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of agile and DevOps principles
Although this position is fully remote, you will be expected to attend in-house office meetings around twice a month.
For more information about this opportunity, please submit your CV now or contact Danielle Brown at The ONE Group.