This company, based in St Ives, Cambridgeshire has a whopping 5000 of their specialist machines in operation, globally! They are world leaders in what they do, and are proud to have design, manufacturing and service capabilities in every region of the world.
Due to a retirement, The ONE Group are now helping them recruit for a Global Sales Engineer to support technical sales throughout their global network of agents. Working closely with Sales and Technical teams to communicate with customers and identify their needs, you will be expected to travel globally for periods up to 2 weeks per month - this can include weekends, and often at short notice. Support and assistance on planning sales trips, particularly during your first few months will be provided and full product training and support will be given. You will also be expected to visit Trade Exhibitions and Conferences.
- Visiting customers and prospects to follow up sales enquiries to determine and clarify requirements
- Identify opportunities to sell the full range of company machines to existing and prospective customers
- Negotiating and quoting machinery and following the sales process through to conclusion, including arranging deliveries, payments and contract issues
- Research new markets and applications for machines
- Market research
- Collaborating with internal teams to determine how products and services could be improved for the customer
- Producing technical presentations to demonstrate to potential customers
- Carrying out trials on demo machines
- Assist customers to improve their production and solve machine breakdown or performance problems, and to visit customers, often at short notice to try and resolve the problem, if support from the UK is not available
- Meeting sales targets and preparing sales reports
- At least 2-3 years' sales experience
- Excellent Customer Service/Sales skills and have a commercially focused approach, and be confident and persuasive when making sales presentations and calls
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM system preferred
- Ability to manage your own workload
- Effective communication skills
- Proven excellent administration, organisational and IT skills
- Full clean driving license
If you're looking for a role with a great company where people thrive and stay around for years, then let's have a chat! You will be rewarded with a generous salary and OTE, benefits including BUPA, life insurance and pension. There is also an annual bonus. For more info, please contact us.