Head of HR - Temp to Perm
I am very happy to be working exclusively with a forward thinking, dynamic and people focused organisation looking to find a Head of HR to join them in a senior role to continue to build on and develop the excellent achievements of the department over the last few years.
This is a stand-alone role that requires a pragmatic, resilient and confident individual, able to make decisions and be an advocate for professional HR practice whilst effectively managing potential financial and reputational risks, staff and other stakeholders.
This is a demanding role, operating in an ever changing business environment. It requires creativity in managing resources to the best effect and the ability to deliver strategically and operationally, but also be a professional guide and support to staff.
You will be leading and driving the engagement agenda including the bi-annual staff survey, the staff well-being agenda, Inclusion programme and Staff and Long Service Recognition Awards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop and implement HR initiatives in line with the strategic direction and objectives.
* Lead and manage the HR Department ensuring that the HR Resources are fit for purpose, well supported and developed.
* Lead on special projects and communicate and direct on strategy and implementation.
* Ensure legal and sector specific compliance is met in all HR activities including supporting excellent and effective safe recruitment practices.
* Control the HR budget and report on current and future staffing costs and initiatives
* Devise recruitment strategies and oversee their implementation. Be involved in the process of senior hires where necessary.
* Ensure that the pay and reward mechanisms are fit for purpose, advising on any areas for development.
* Give counsel and oversee complex employee relations issues such as grievance and disciplinary cases and manage difficult cases.
* Update and review all HR policies, procedures and guidelines and enforce the values.
* Support the smooth transition of organisational change and development, ensuring that all legal and policy provisions are followed.
* Be responsible for the effective management of the HR and Recruitment Budgets.
* Develop effective partnerships, networks internally and externally to ensure the most effective provision of the HR service.
To be considered for this role you will need demonstrable good skills in Word and Excel and experience with HR Databases and Cascade HR would be a distinct advantage.
You will need to demonstrate a high degree of emotional intelligence, be able to read situations and people well and be able to offer advice that is pragmatic and solution focused.
Ideally you will have experience of working with Discovery Insights Tool/be willing to train as a facilitator.
To discuss this role further, please get in touch ASAP on 01733 234000
Head of HR - Temp to Perm