Saying that a business is fast-paced is a very subjective statement.
This company is the personification of this statement in my opinion and they have a opportunity for a post-qualified accounting professional to join them to head up the management accounting function, reporting in directly to the Finance Director.
This will be a wide-ranging role and duties will include;
- Preparing monthly consolidated management accounts for department heads reviewing variances against budget and year performance
- Providing informed advice to stakeholders and budget holders
- Taking full responsibility for P&L through to final sign off and holding meetings to discuss results
- KPI reporting and preparation of board packs
- Managing a small team including training and mentoring
- Reviewing current processes and putting in place recommendations for improvements / changes and working closely with wider finance team to put these in to action
- Ad hoc project work
As well as being a fully qualified accountant with relevant experience, the successful candidate will have a forward-thinking approach but also one that embraces the need to get in to the data and understand why the numbers are as they are.
Attention to detail is essential to this role as is the ability to roll your sleeves up and understand what goes in to the numbers.
This role is not just about managing, this role is also about doing.
Advanced IT skills are a prerequisite with Excel being the key tool, and the ability to problem-solve and analyse are also essential attributes.
If you are up for the challenge and want to be part of a business that is a big player in its market then please get in touch for a confidential discussion.