I am working with a four-year-old start-up, who are striving towards clean air travel, using hydrogen power. They are looking to launch their first aircraft in 2024 and look to release large commercial style aircraft by 2040. They have some incredible backing and funding by energy funds owned by Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos.
The company is a leader in zero-emissions aviation who fly the worlds largest hydrogen-electric aircraft size 2020, with this in mind they are seeking top quality individuals to work for them and get involved in some of the coolest technology about.
The companies powertrain focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems and electric motors to deliver solutions to develop zero emissions technologies.
They are seeking a Hydrogen Fuel Systems Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis.
The day-to-day duties include:
- Design and analysis of Hydrogen storage and distribution systems onboard zero emission aircraft.
- Work closely with suppliers and partners to ensure development and on-time delivery of specified tank and related fuel system components.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of the requirements and methods for showing compliance to certification standards.
- Hydrogen fuel system layout, component placement and packaging design.
- Functional and safety analysis of the different fuel system architectures.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of design and practical experience in using compressed gas systems (i.e. industrial compressed gasses, like oxygen, nitrogen,etc)
- Basic understanding of fuel cells and hydrogen.
- Basic understanding of fuel cell systems and their major components.
- Accredited Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics qualification.
- Working knowledge in developing/applying system safety analysis methods such as System Safety Risk Assessments, Fault-tree Analysis (FTA), Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA) Safety Assessment Report (SAR) Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMEA/FMECA).
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing start up delivering cutting edge technologies for the Aviation sector, on offer is a competitive salary along with a benefits package which includes flying lessons and 60% off a flying licence.
If you are an experienced Hydrogen Fuel Systems Engineer who is experienced in working with Electric motors, then this is a role not to be missed.
If the role sounds of interest, then click to apply and Kieran Evans will be in contact to discuss the finer details