This is a position with an award-winning company as they have an incredibly lovely culture and look after their staff very well. Business of The Year, International Trade, Innovation and Best Employers are all titles they have achieved over the last few years. They are based in Bury St. Edmunds and are just opening shiny new facilities!
The opportunity is for an innovation Scientist; someone ideally with a degree within a scientific field, (preferably chemistry) and at least a couple of years' experience in a lab-based role with an understanding of GLP. You will collaborate with customers and the wider commercial team to come up with solutions for their requirements.
Here's a bit more about what you'll be doing…
- Creating prototype blends based on composition, organoleptic assessment, quality and cost requirements
- Preparing tasting solutions to evaluate sensory profiles of target samples and further prototype blends
- Use methods including GC, GCMS, Dynamic and Static Headspace, HPLC, Chiral Analysis to evaluate samples
- Carry out basic wet chemistry tasks to analyse samples and ensure they meet the customer's spec
- Carry out development of new products
- Design, scope, and carry out projects and provide regular documented updates
- Take ownership of scale-up and validation of projects to ensure a smooth transfer to manufacturing and quality systems
- Write and review COSHH assessments, SOPs and Risk Assessments
- Attend sales meetings
- Keep abreast with current market flavour trends and competitor products to suggest areas for NPD
- Conduct ongoing literature research on flavour ingredients and reaction chemistry
- Ideally a degree within a scientific field, preferably chemistry
- 2 Years' experience in a similar role in a lab, with an understanding of good laboratory practice
- Experience handling chemicals used within the F&F industry
- Experience conducting COSHH assessments and Risk Assessments would be very useful
- Experience of Analytical and Wet chemistry using a range of testing techniques
- You will need to use JDE, STARS, SDS viewer, MADs, WERCs, Cascade, TIPPs and SharePoint, so basic computer skills will be needed
- Understanding of Pilot Plant equipment and be able to complete processes unaided
- Good commercial, technical, and financial awareness
The rewards are generous. Not just with a great salary, bonus scheme and awesome benefits, but you'll be working for an organisation who genuinely care about their employees' wellbeing and work to keep their staff engaged. They do a lot of good work in the local community and are passionate about sustainability. There's a genuine family feel there, with real development opportunities and a career path.
I'd love to talk to you further, so please apply or get in contact.