This new role for a Lead Test Engineer is offering predominatly a remote working package. The company's labs are based in Newmarket, Suffolk, so you should be happy to commute there occasionally or attend meetings in the Cambridgeshire area.
The organisation has been established for over 20 years and they provide wireless technology to Telcos and WISPs globally. They pride themselves in being innovators and offer an extremely friendly and inclusive organisation to be part of!
Leading the design and development of products, the person we are hoping to find will have experience developing digital, analogue and RF test solutions, but is perhaps now looking for more responsibility and ownership. The role will entail maintaining current test systems supporting current company products. These products are tested using a variety of tools, jigs and bespoke test solutions using Delphi, Labview and Python which require maintenance and support. You will look after the maintenance of these tests systems for the lifetime of the legacy products. As the team expands, you'll lead it.
You'll also design, develop and implement automatic test equipment and test programs for design verification and production testing of next generation of Fixed Wireless Access products. This will include the design of electronic circuits and writing test software to attain full test automation. You'll also be responsible for maintenance, support and development of all production test procedures and equipment on site and even abroad.
What We're Looking For:
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in Electronic/Software Engineering
- Proven track record in an RF, analogue and digital test development environment
- Design and application experience of production test equipment, test methods and practices
- Familiarity with electromechanical production processes
- Experience developing automated tests and the complete test development life cycle of products
- Experience of in-house test support for development and factory support in remote locations, e.g. Asia
- Working knowledge of Python, Delphi, Labview or similar
- Working knowledge of Linux, Jenkins, Git, build systems, compiler tools and revision control, Docker, rpm etc.
- Understanding of PLM systems and change control
- Happy to travel occasionally.
Extra experience which would be really useful!
- Electronic engineering experience with an electromechanical bias
- Jig and fixture design
- Embedded C experience
- 2D/3D CAD
- PCB Design
- Working with remote subcontractors and manufacturers
There is a generous package on offer for the right person. Plenty of holiday (30 days), pension, life assurance, critical illness cover and of course, a great salary to recognise your experience and skills. They are also committed to supporting your development and helping you achieve more throughout your career journey.