This R&D consultancy formed in the late 1990s and have had continued success and growth in the medical devices sector. With over 40 staff across the company, it's a great place to work and develop your career whilst getting involved in some awesome, life-changing medical projects.
They are looking for a Technical Project Manager to take a senior role within the Medical Devices team based just outside Cambridge. This is an opportunity to work with some blue-chip clients and lead some remarkable projects.
The company are offering a friendly, collaborative culture in a great location, with loads of parking and good transport links (guided busway, A14, etc). They have some generous benefits (free lunches being one of them!) and can give you some flexibility with home/office working.
As I said, this is a senior post, so we're looking for someone who has a strong track record in delivering engineering projects. You will need to have a strong technical background, a great commercial mindset and be able to communicate in a multi-disciplinary team and also with clients. As well as contributing to medical device projects, you will also have the opportunity to get involved with a wider range of projects for other industries.
Technically, we're looking for depth; you will be confident working with complex mechanical and electromechanical systems, thermal and fluidic analysis, novel sensors and sensing systems and connected devices. Equally, you will bring with you exceptional project leadership.
- Strong technical degree in mechanical or electrical /electronics or software engineering, product design or physics /chemistry from a good university
- Proven track record in managing design and development projects for medical devices or in vitro diagnostics (IVD), working within ISO 13485 and risk management processes of ISO 14971, or to the equivalent regulations and requirements of the FDA
- Hands-on role experience in the development of complex technical solutions for new products and processes
- Able to present technical subjects persuasively, and negotiate with suppliers and other stakeholders
- Experience leading and managing cross-disciplinary teams
If you meet this high calibre profile, we would love to have a chat with you in further detail.