An exciting opportunity has arisen within a company who manufacture natural gas and diesel engines who are seeking a Proving Test Technician to join their team on a permanent basis to work across EV aspects of powertrain integration and testing.
This will be a 12 month contract with the opportunity for it to be extended of even to go permanent if there was an appetite later down the line.
- Operate a multitude of different off-highway vehicles including but not limited to, Hydraulic Excavators, Backhoe Loaders, Telehandlers, Track Type Tractors where required.
- Instrument powertrain installs with, thermocouples, pressure transducers, speed pickups and other forms of sensors.
- Diagnose and fix a range of faults on both powertrains and machine.
- Work from engineering drawings (electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic)
- Manufacture parts from drawings using in house facilities (machining, welding and fabrication and fully equipped electronics lab).
- Produce electrical looms to interface powertrain and machine.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable high level of electrical/electronic aptitude with a good working knowledge of electric vehicles.
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures.
- The ability to work closely with others is imperative, requiring team participation to achieve the agreed objectives.
- A good working knowledge of instrumentation and its application.
- You will possess effective communication skills to liaise with various levels of the organization.
- Have a fully flexible approach to the job role & responsibilities.
- The ability to use hand/power tools, lifting and welding equipment.
- Prepared to undertake required training/learning.
- Applicants will ideally have an engineering or motor mechanics apprenticeship and relevant EV work experience.
The company are looking to pay up to £25 per hour umbrella company, if the role sounds of interest then click to apply.