We are supporting a Cambridge based client to recruit a Senior MOCVD Engineer!
This is a very friendly, multi-cultural team who enjoy lots of generous company benefits and also weekly take-away meals every Friday! Over the next couple of years, they plan to not only double in size, but also move into brand new facilities in the area.
This experienced MOCVD engineer will support R&D and product development teams as they continue to grow and develop their cutting-edge technology. It's a key role in delivering high quality products and services to world-leading customers and partners.
- Development of MOCVD epitaxy processes and procedures to support projects
- Deliver epitaxial wafers into technology projects
- Document and implement epitaxy R&D practices, approaches and policies
- Develop in-house epitaxy characterisation capabilities to minimise the learning cycle time
- Provide technical support to the production team to help deliver high quality and high yield MOCVD processing
- PhD/Masters in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Hands on experience in MOCVD epitaxy of GaN structures
- Proven track record of MOCVD process development, ideally in an industrial environment
- Strong understanding of LED device performance linked to epitaxy process and design
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Capability to understand and communicate technical information to a diverse audience
- An understanding of GaN materials and device characterisation techniques, such as XRD, PL, AFM, SEM, TEM, EL etc. would be very useful
- Hands-on experience in MOCVD equipment maintenance would be a bonus
Benefits include a generous company share option program as well as health insurance, dental insurance and pension plan. 25 Days holiday and regular company social events, also!