Design Engineer- Permanent- Bedfordshire
We're currently working with the leading manufacturer of industrial braking systems! Enjoying excellent success even during the COVID climate due to their ability to maintain supply and delivery to their customers on a global basis.
No mean feat and certainly something inspiring on what has been achieved.
Part of a larger group, the wider business operates across 70 countries across the world with a reputation of quality, service and delivery.
Due to growth we are looking for a Design Engineer experienced in rotating metal parts experience to join the team on a permanent basis at their site in Bedford to carry out all aspects of design for manufacture for the companies mechanical products.
The day-to-day duties of the Design Engineer include:
- Using and exploiting the company's 3D CAD systems (NX, Inventor and AutoCAD software) to their maximum capability.
- Design for manufacture and assembly protocols. Produce 3D part models and assemblies and detailed 2D component and assembly drawings to current standards.
- Provide calculations for performance and safety considerations including FEA and FMEA analysis
- Project manage New Product Development as well as existing projects
- Produce detailed material specifications, product IOM manuals, other technical reports/documentation as required and Produce and amend Bill of Materials
The skills and experience required for the Design Engineer include:
- Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) preferred, with a minimum of 5 years Mechanical Design experience within the rotated machinery field
- Application experience of FEA software preferred
- Experience using 3D CAD packages
- Ability to work flexibly to achieve tight deadlines and targets
If you are looking to join a reputable company who are at the forefront of what to do then click to apply and Kieran Evans will be in contact with you to discuss the finer details.