Digital Commercial Manager
Remote / Field based
£60k + commission + car allowance + benefits
My client provide imaginative and transformational solutions to many of the world's best known and most demanding companies. These companies rely on them to take their productivity, quality of service and customer satisfaction to new levels. The company in question have created an extensive portfolio of digital capabilities that span data science, IoT and sensors, picking solutions, robotic process automation, 3D scanning and printing and augmented & virtual reality.
The Digital Commercial Manager will take a hands-on role in taking this portfolio of digital products to market, whilst ensuring effective execution of the complete customer life cycle. This life cycle will comprise product promotion, customer prospecting, lead generation/business development, pre-sales/technical marketing, sales operations, lead conversion and closing sales, customer success management/revenue retention, and professional services associated with product implementation. This role reports directly to the Managing Director - Technology and collaborates closely with group marketing and product engineering.
The Digital Commercial Manager will be responsible for allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating business operations, monitoring and motivating colleagues, managing operational costs, ensuring good customer service, improving administration processes, engaging with vendors, hiring and training colleagues, identifying business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities. They will play a key role in building a winning team.
The Digital Commercial Manager will possess excellent communication skills, proven knowledge of logistics and business operations, budgeting and finance skills, and strong leadership qualities. They will account for all business activities, support staff development, enhance efficiency, drive sales and improve revenue, maintain relationships with clients, enhance the organisation's image, and meet overall growth objectives.
Specifically, the Digital Commercial Manager will be responsible for:
- Identifying emerging or existing customer/market requirements critical to the growth of the company
- Management pre-sales engineering & technical marketing talent to develop customer facing content including demonstrations, presentations, and associated materials
- Engaging with customers to fully understand business needs then recommend and prioritise development of solutions to the Product Management team.
- Ensuring revenue targets are achieved and that operations and supporting processes are delivered effectively.
- Developing and managing the team, individuals and processes responsible for successfully launching products to market.
- Collaborating with product management/finance to determine product and implementation services pricing strategy.
- Coordinating with the CFO/Finance to set capital budgets to support personnel, marketing, and expense associated with product related goals.
- Coordinating with CDO/product engineering to ensure product roadmap, sprints, and product deliverables align with market and customer requirements.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Business Management, Marketing or related discipline or equivalent related experience;
- Previous experience of Commercial Management (preferably in a Tech company) and experience and a good working knowledge of logistics operations;
- Leadership and ability to manage an agile, virtual and multifunctional team consisting of marketing, sales and operations;
- Excellent IT skills with strong technical financial and business planning skills including the setting, maintenance and management of revenue and capital budgets;
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to people at all levels;
- A proven track record of developing, managing and delivering projects within agreed budget and timescale;
- The ability to meet the demands of the position and the ability to work under pressure;
- The ability to develop a culture of service excellence and deliver a consistent an exceptional experience for customers and colleagues.
- Experience of logistics environment would be desirable but not essential