This Electronics Research Laboratory Manager role comes with a wealth of benefits that you will find hard to say no to. Imagine having over 40 days' paid leave per year?
The role is based within one of Cambridge's research facilities and, leading this workshop, you will have significant involvement in the electrical and electronic elements of bespoke design projects. This will also include offering innovative solutions to problems and demonstrating interactions between mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, electronics and software disciplines in the design of complex bespoke machines.
The lab is equipped with all the latest manual and computer-controlled machinery and is a world-class teaching and research facility, which also supports research, design and manufacturing for external sponsors. Walking around the lab, you will be fascinated by what goes on; experiments, measurements, prototyping and the process of design and build!
Not only will you manage and provide technical leadership to the facility and its teaching activities, but you will also be responsible for ensuring its financial stability and health and safety. It's a position with plenty of responsibility but also the opportunity to share your knowledge with up-and-coming engineers!
What do you need to apply?
- Most importantly, experience of managing a workshop or research lab
- Hands-on experience maintaining and using typical technical workshop manufacturing equipment
- Proven experience of implementing health and safety within a research environment.
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent demonstrable practical experience
- Able to interact with staff at all levels across the organisation through with effective written and verbal communication, including writing technical/business cases for research applications and other projects.
- Able to ensure efficient workflow and good financial performance through Project management skills
- Solidworks/LabView skills
What's on offer to you?
- Salary ranges from £40 - 54k
- 37.75 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- 43.5 days annual leave, including public holidays
- Generous family leave entitlement
- Shopping and travel discount schemes
- On site Sports Centre
- Counselling Services and Occupational Health
This is a rewarding position and we would love to tell you more about the amazing benefits and rewards!