The ONE Group are delighted to be working with this Cambridge Uni based spinout. Using innovative nanotechnology, they are coming up with ambitious solutions for optical applications, including VR, AR and smart glasses.
They have just moved into new offices within Cambridge's tech cluster and are growing their small team; this time, looking for a Graduate Optical Engineer. The role will give you the opportunity to work at the forefront of this groundbreaking, fascinating technology which is a talking point within the optics world.
In this role, you will design, develop and test optical systems and devices. There's lots of opportunities for professional development and growth for somebody highly motivated and talented!
- Using Zemax / OpticStudio or similar software, design optical components and systems
- Carry out optical experiments, testing and characterising optical components on optical tables
- Work within a x-disciplinary team to identify technical requirements and design solutions
What must you have to apply?
- Suitable degree in a relevant field
- Good understanding of optics
- Experience in optical design and optical experiments
****Any experience of Deep/Machine learning, diffractive optics or smart lenses would be a huge plus!***
What's on offer?
Your professional growth and development are very important to this organisation and they will encourage and enable you to progress through continuous learning opportunities and hands-on experience. Share options and a pension scheme are part of the competitive package available.