Head of Marketing
Up to £200k
Experts predict that the biotech employment rate will grow by 5% between 2019 and 2029 and, with the ever-increasing focus on R&D given the events of the past two years, it's no surprise that companies that operate in the biotech space are some of the fastest growing in the world.
And, while many companies make attractive claims of being innovative, high-growth, ground-breaking and diverse, we're delighted to be exclusively partnering with a global biotech organisation whose claims of being all these things are wholly justified.
We're teaming up with them to help find a Head of Marketing whose own drive and ambitions match that of the company, to join them in a newly created role, reporting directly to the COO. You'll be a driving force behind the strategic direction of the external marketing communications of the business, whilst simultaneously building excellent relationships internally, and working closely with various business units and stakeholders globally.
What you'll want to know about them:
- This is a global organisation with an international working environment, boasting more than 25 different nationalities within its workforce
- Their work helps to investigate the cause of diseases and facilitate effective medication use
- They encourage a collaborative, creative and innovative approach to working across multiple teams and functions
- They work with some of the top universities in the world, including Imperial College London and Stanford University
What you'll want to know about the job (not an exhaustive list - just some big key projects and factors!):
- It's a highly analytical and strategic position
- You'll be leading a company-wide rebrand
- The website is due a new design, build and upgrade, which you'll be responsible for managing
- Statistics and metrics are key to entering new markets, so you'll be responsible for the creation of appropriate dashboards and metric suites
- The current team will need to be doubled in size and you'll have the opportunity to hire, build and develop a team of top-performing marketers
- You'll work remotely - either in the UK or in Amsterdam
- If you're in the UK, you'll need to travel to Amsterdam a few times per month (when Covid finally lets us!)
What they'll want to know about you:
- You've got 10 years+ experience in senior marketing roles
- You're used to working in dynamic and fast-moving businesses
- You've got a great understanding of the life science research market and the life cycle of complex capital equipment
- You've got a PhD or MBA
- You pride yourself on your expertise around digital marketing (automation, search engine marketing, the CRM and company website)
Driving continuous leads, managing messaging and breaking into new markets are all key to the success of the new Head of Marketing. Whilst we've tried to offer you a great snapshot above of what to expect from this role and the company, there's so much more to share with you around this unique opportunity.
For more information or to see a full job description and discuss your suitability, please contact Harry Bragg at The ONE Group for a confidential discussion or apply now. We look forward to hearing from you.