The owner and Managing Director is looking for a person to join his small dedicated team at a senior level. This will be to cover an extensive patch focusing on Central Cambridge and Cambridgeshire but also Hertfordshire.
- Oversee the identification of sites for residential and /or commercial development leading the process from identification, negotiation and acquisition. Primarily unconditional "off-market sites"
- Undertake in depth due diligence and detailed site appraisal of potential sites and development opportunities.
- Communicate, support and cooperate with Architects, Engineers and Planners in a professional and effective manner to produce transparent land packs.
- Support the Managing Director in producing detailed analysis of opportunities with financial and legal support paperwork.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Land agents & Landowners in the geographical perimeters.
- Degree in Real estate, Estate Management, Planning or other relevant qualification.
- Proven track record of identifying, negotiating and securing land opportunities in the agreed geographical areas.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of legal documentations and planning agreements.
- Ability to produce financial reports
- Good Knowledge of local and national planning policy.
Good land buyers are pro-active, they are not reactive. Good land buyers are able to use both traditional and modern methods to find potential. This former includes door-knocking, map-searching, sending out letters, and the latter will involve using software like LandInsight and auto-mailers
Either way, to find good opportunities for development in a competitive market requires tenacity and persistence. You'll need good negotiation skills and communication if you are to buy them for the right price once found.
You'll get a fantastic opportunity to learn directly from the Managing Director with 30 years' experience in buying and developing over 100 sites across England with over 30 in Cambridge city centre with a GDV of well over £1 Billion.
Critically and firstly you will be a born deal maker and have a track record of doing 2 - 4 land deals a year.
- Degree qualified and ideal property related
- Natural born deal maker doing 2-4 land deals a year consistently.
- Currently working for either a national residential developer or high profile investor or agency.
- A strong network of contacts in the land agency world.
- Determined, hungry and ambitious.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently from the rest of the team.
To apply, please send your CV to Lucy Atkin in Word format