The ONE Group are working with a Cambridge based company to recruit for an Optical Test Engineer. The company are doing incredible things which combine electronics and organic materials such as liquid crystal. Born from a team at Cambridge University, they have grown into the successful team they are today and now require someone to provide support for optical and reliability testing, implementation of new tests, data analysis and reporting of module and system units.
This is a hands-on position where you will collaborate with a phenomenal engineering team. You will have the opportunity to make some important contributions to the company and their astonishing products! It's a very friendly company, where people tend to stay for many years whilst developing their careers.
- Provide high-quality optical test infrastructure and identify ways to improve existing capabilities and add new ones
- Liaise with electrical and TFT test teams
- Perform tests and complete data analysis on sample units at both system and module levels
- Help to drive triage of optical liquid crystal cells, including establishing standard test procedures and reporting methods
- Contribute to failure analysis of optical liquid crystal cells and liaise with design and process team on critical improvements
- Science / Engineering-based discipline qualification or suitable experience
- A broad engineering background, likely to cover some or all of the following: optics, electro/optical characterisation, flat panel display technologies, liquid crystal cell characterisation, mechanical design
- Familiarity with programming languages such as MATLAB, Labview, Python, etc and statistic tools, such as JMP, etc
- Significant experience of test methodologies and test data analysis
- Efficiency with MS Office
- Flexible approach to work
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Structured, organised and detail oriented in approach
- Team player
Contact The ONE Group for a chat with a dedicated consultant!