We are on the hunt to find a 'hands on' Optical Test Technician / Engineer for a company based in South Cambridge.
Why should you work here? Well, they are a very friendly, multi-cultural team who enjoy lots of generous company benefits and also weekly take-away meals every Friday! Over the next couple of years, they plan to not only double in size, but also move into brand new facilities in the area.
The Test Technician will be working hands-on within the engineering team, handling and testing optoelectronic materials and devices. Working on new technology with revolutionary materials, this organisation are doing really cool stuff!
- Run electrical and optical tests on products, following processes and protocols
- Maintain records and report your experimental results
- Day-to-day characterisation activities
- Continuous improvement
- Contribute to the team by performing other tasks when necessary
- Ideally a degree in physics, materials science, electrical engineering, chemical engineering or a similar discipline
- A couple of years' testing or process engineer experience within the semiconductors industry in a commercial lab or cleanroom
- Basic knowledge of circuits, electronics or semiconductors
- Experience working with microscopes
- Experience with common electrical and optical analytical methods (optical microscopy, probe stations, source-measurement-units, integrating spheres)
- Experience measuring electro-optic devices (e.g. LEDs or lasers)
- Data analysis skills in Excel, Python, Matlab etc.
Benefits include a generous company share option program as well as health insurance, dental insurance and pension plan. 25 Days holiday and regular company social events, also!