The ONE Group are proud to be partnering exclusively with Rutland's oldest charity, St John & St Anne, to find them their next Finance Officer. The independent living provider is a member of The Almshouse Association and currently boasts a portfolio of over 100, 1-2 bedroom properties across Oakham and Uppingham.
This is a varied role, offering the right candidate the opportunity to take full ownership of the charity's accounting function, up to trial balance, whilst building and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships across the organisation. The role is a part time position for 25 hours per week and would be a great fit for someone looking to work 5 short days or school hours, in a welcoming office environment, reporting directly to the Clerk to the Governors.
This is a hands-on role in a small organisation which will require you to sometimes get involved in things that aren't "strictly" finance. And so, whilst it's important that you are able to demonstrate at least 2 years of practical accounting experience, including preparation of statutory and management accounts, it's also imperative that you're someone who can work flexibly within a small, multi-disciplined team. You'll also be familiar and comfortable with computerised accounting, including the use of Microsoft Excel.
Some of the areas of responsibility will include:
- Maintain good internal financial controls and appropriate filing systems, both computerised and manual.
- Manage all ledgers and payments, to include prompt payment to suppliers, beneficiaries, and contractors.
- Ensure adequate income and expenditure records are maintained (with weekly bank reconciliation).
- Prepare annual and quarterly management accounts, budgets and financial statements for the Board.
- Build and maintain operational relationships with the Charity's Investment Manager, Auditor and the Board.
- Prepare annual accounts on a timely basis and support the Clerk in drafting the Annual Report, ensuring that the Charity meets all statutory and regulatory requirements relating to financial matters.
- Assist the Clerk with payroll and other areas as and when required.
- Maintain oversight of the Charity's utility contracts and arrangements.
- Attend and contribute to Risk Register reviews, Board meetings and other meetings, producing accurate and timely minutes.
This is a truly wonderful opportunity to apply your skills and experience to an organisation that changes the quality of life for those in the Rutland area, on a daily basis.
For more information on the role or to discuss your suitability, please apply today or contact Ayrton Fontaine who is working closely with the charity on this appointment.
Please note that due to the exclusive nature of this partnership, any third party applications or CV sent directly to St John & St Anne will be forwarded to The ONE Group for consideration.