We can all agree that giving to a great cause feels amazing and seeing first hand where funds are making a change is even better.
Working alongside a charity based in South Cambridgeshire we are giving a lucky applicant the chance to be involved with a company and role that directly supports bringing in new funding to battle a terrible disease. You will be joining a team over just over 20 people as a Prospect Development Assistant. The primary focus will be to use research skills to identify and engage with organisations and individuals that want to contribute to the cause.
Ideally you will be coming from a strong administration or research background with a high attention to detail. Saying this all levels of experience and background are welcome to apply if you feel you can manage the job functions. It is more about the person, your attitude and how you cope with challenges.
- Be agile in responding to ad- hoc requests as required, ensuring we are equipped to act on new fundraising opportunities.
- Be proactive and creative in identifying new potential donors and be able to present findings to fundraising colleagues.
- Undertake detailed research on prospects and donors to increase our knowledge of potential donors and to increase the likelihood for a successful fundraising ask.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of prospects on the fundraising database, being mindful of the GDPR.
- Learn to use databases to identify new prospects and opportunities.
- Gather and disseminate information about relevant supporter networks and peer links to team colleagues to support fundraising activities, including through our fundraising events.
- Provide administrative support to the team (helping with process documentation, booking regular meetings etc).
- Act as an ambassador for the team in interactions across the whole organisation.
- Work with other teams to share expertise and knowledge about prospect research techniques.
Full training will be provided for the role. Previous experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential.
- Salary - £22,000 per annum.
- Working pattern - Monday to Friday (9am-5pm) Flexibility in hours and hybrid working.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Holiday Option to buy up to 5 additional days leave per year
- 5% employer contribution into the pension scheme with an employee contribution of 4%.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Private medical health insurance including the offer of a yearly medical health check.
- Income protection insurance and life insurance.
Please call Sam at The ONE Group on 01223 237888 for more information.