Role: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 Per Annum + 10% Car Allowance
Location: Peterborough Based - Small Amount Of Travel Required To Different Sites
Duration: Permanent Role
Wanted: Experienced Quantity Surveyor to help improve and maintain commercial reporting across all areas of the business! Playing a vital role in supporting the Head of Finance with a wide variety of duties. My client works with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to design, build, manage and maintain the next generation of communication networks.
- Knowledge, understanding and administration of respective entitlements and obligations under the main contract and sub-contracts
- Assisting the management of sub-contract payments including negotiation of subcontract variations and monitoring and reconciliation of contra-charge accounts
- Collation of accurate information for monthly cost/ value reconciliations and contract reviews
- Production of financial and statistical reports as required
- Attend and drive commercial meetings with clients
- Manage project close out financial account and retention releases
- Work with the Head of Finance to provide analytical support to understand and improve the financial performance, identifying areas of improvement, from both a revenue, margin and efficiency viewpoint.
- Advise stakeholders on KPI's and performance to enable delivery of plan and to review and challenge efficiency and drive margin improvement.
- Periodically review customer contracts with account managers and negotiate price increases
- Identify, analyse, and develop responses to commercial risks
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 1 years' experience in a similar role
- Used to working and delivering to tight timescales
- Confident in presenting information to a range of stakeholders
- Able to build relationships at various levels across the business.
- A drive to solve issues and see queries through to a successful conclusion.
- A high level of accuracy is a must.
- Able to lead by example, open to change and strive for improvement.
- Ability to challenge constructively when required to do so.
- 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Additional leave accrued from 2 years service
- Employee assistance program
- Your birthday off, paid, every year
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Monthly employee recognition scheme
- Company social events
- Length of service award after 3 years
- Perks at work discounts
- Refer a friend programme
- In house training and development opportunities
- Dress down Fridays
- Free On-site parking
- Early finish last Friday of the month
If this role sounds of interest, please click to apply or alternatively email your CV James Harris will be in touch to discuss the finer details.