Senior Linux Systems Administrator
The ONE Group has partnered with a local telecommunication technology provider, who are looking to grow their IT function. They're looking for a Linux System Administrator to join them, where you'll support day to day functions, contribute to technology roadmaps and take part in project work.
You'll join a close-knit infrastructure team and will have the opportunity to develop your skillset further in a variety of specific areas. Being the technical lead for some projects will enable you to enhance and refine existing systems, as well as develop new ones.
What you'll get involved with:
- Implement enhancements to existing systems and technologies.
- Research best fit for purpose technologies, evaluate and implement them into the business.
- Provide BAU support for deployed solutions, ensuring that you prioritise ticket from the service desk in an appropriate manner according to impact and priority.
- Conduct root cause analysis of issues, implementing fixes to avoid re-occurrence of the problem.
- Contribute and maintain system documentation and knowledge sharing.
What will make you a good fit:
- Previous experience in a Linux System Administrator role. ESSENTIAL!
- Proven experience with Ubuntu administration.
- Experience with Puppet or Foreman Automation.
- Scripting experience:
- Bash or Python
- Experience with backup technologies.
- Experience with storage, network, and firewall technologies.
Candidates must be based in the UK and have the full right to work without restrictions.
Please apply now, or contact Andy Clarke at The One Group for more information!