We are looking for a Supply Chain Administrator to support a Supply Chain Manager in a well-established, Meat Exporting company based in Newmarket.
This business has a small, friendly team of 8 people and is tucked away on the outskirts of Newmarket with beautiful surroundings.
The role will be temporary for around 6 months to begin with, with the idea to become permanent for the right candidate. It is looking to pay between £20,000-£24,000pa and hours will be roughly 25-35 hours per week (e.g. 9:30am-3:00pm).
The main purpose of this role is to support the Supply Chain Manager in managing and co-ordinating the activities of the Supply Chain function as well as supporting the partners with all incoming and outgoing orders.
Day-to-day Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with e achievement of company KPI's and objectives
- Managing all import paperwork
- Transferring data to internal computer systems
- Updating arrival schedules
- Collating all shipping documentation & health certifications whilst electronically filing on internal systems
- Liaising with clearing agents on specific shipping and importation queries
- Managing purchase uploads and tracking against expected arrival dates
- Updating stakeholders
- Order processing & raising orders
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work in an organised and methodical manner to meet timescales and deadlines and will have a good knowledge of Excel, as well as good overall IT skills. Knowledge of import/export procedures would be desirable and good time management skills with the ability to prioritise is essential. A good telephone manner and excellent communication skills is a must.
If this sounds like the role for you, then click to apply!
For any further questions please e-mail Sian at
Due to the current climate, our application process is extremely busy - if you have not had a response in 14 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful at this time. If you are unsuccessful on this occasion, please do not let this deter you from applying for more jobs that you think are suitable for you!