This Cambridgeshire based company are very well respected when it comes to consumer audio products. A quick browse through some of the household and high-end names in John Lewis and you will be looking at some of their products. They are now looking for someone experienced in System Test to head up their small team and guide them in using the latest Test Tools and processes.
Working in their offices and labs based in a beautiful location just south of Cambridge, and reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will be part of the senior management team and an integral part of the future development of the company. Despite Covid, they've had a bumper last couple of years and are looking at bringing in some impressive new technologies; you will be key in helping to make that happen.
You don't need to have managed a huge team before; we're looking for someone who has led, or line managed a small group yet still has the enthusiasm to work hands-on, whilst providing direction and strategy. You will have responsibility for all aspects of system testing, including continuous improvement of test processes, tools and automation and on-time delivery of the system test aspects of projects.
Quality is what this company's products are renowned for, so finding somebody with the care and passion to deliver and meet high expectations is vital.
- 5+ years' experience of developing test plans and hands-on test execution for consumer grade products, ideally using real-time embedded systems
- Some experience of leading a small team of test engineers, guiding and coaching them
- Solid experience of the Agile software development process
- A confident knowledge and understanding of test automation tools and techniques and the ability to select the appropriate ones
- Basic hardware understanding
- Desire to build and nurture an effective team
- Experience in working as a key member of a project team alongside hardware and software engineers
- Any understanding of DAB or connected audio technologies would be very useful, but not essential
The company are able to offer you an incredible set of bonuses - who doesn't love a free lunch? Seriously, all the usual stuff comes as standard, along with a decent salary and annual bonus.