An opportunity has arisen for an Analytical Chemist within a multi-disciplinary technical team based in Cambridgeshire. In this role, you will progress projects through the characterisation of novel materials and provision of high-quality analysis and interpretate to understand how purity and physical properties correlate to performance in applications.
There are some outstanding benefits on offer (see below) and you will be joining a company who thrive on collaboration and teamwork. Current employees placed through The ONE Group are incredibly happy here!
Amongst other industries, this companies are committed to working with and improving sustainable development and have won awards for their work.
- Either a PhD in chemistry, materials science, chemical analysis, or a related subject, OR a chemistry degree plus equivalent relevant work experience
- Ideally some work experience gained in a material science or analytical role gained within industrial or academia
- Experienced in the characterisation of a broad range of materials
- Able to identify impurities by liquid chromatographic techniques, including LC-MS and HPLC Interpretation skills of analytical chemistry results and data to draw clear conclusions and recommendations
- Experience of other analytical techniques such as GC-MS; FT-IR; PLQY; UV-VIS; GPC; DSC; Electrochemistry; SEM/EDS; DSC; NMR would be very useful
- IT literate with experience of chemical drawing packages
- Curious mindset and keen to solve problems
If you think you fit the criteria, then you can expect all of this:
- Competitive salary of approximately £38,000
- Sign-on bonus
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + your birthday off!
- Private health and dental insurance
- Life assurance and income protection insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working, including flexi-time and homeworking where possible
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Paid time off work to undertake voluntary and charity support work
- Sponsorship for exceptional candidates outside of the UK