Throughout the pandemic, workers within the agricultural sectors have been essential to maintaining the production and distribution of food and other products within the UK, and many stepped up to work additional hours, take on extra responsibility and work harder than ever during a time when so many others were forced to stay at home.
It's for this reason that The ONE Group is so proud to be partnering with a Peterborough-based agriculture giant to assist with the appointment of a new Applications Analyst to join them on a permanent basis. This role will be based predominantly from home but with visits to their Peterborough HQ and will be on a rotating shift pattern between 6:00am and 8:00pm. There may also be the occasional opportunity for international travel.
Reporting to the Application Team Leader, the Applications Analyst will will play a crucial role within the application support team; serving as of part of 2nd/3rd line support for both internal and external customers.
At a glance, the Applications Analyst will:
- Investigate and resolve IT application-related incidents, service requests and problems, communicating updates and outcomes to users in a timely manner
- Assist in the delivery of major IS projects in relation to applications
- Undertake IT application-related problem diagnosis, implementing problem resolution or prevention measures as appropriate, liaising with suppliers where required
- Monitor the availability, performance, and throughput of supported IT applications, picking up and action batch failures and resolving
- Maintain and create IT application support technical documentation, complying with the IT organisation requirements, processes, procedures, and policies
As well as having previous experience in a similar role, as the ideal candidate you will be effective at managing your own time, prioritising and scheduling your day and workload appropriately. We also expect that you'll be incredibly well organised in order to record, track and monitor open incidents or requests. It's also essential for your success in this role that you've got working knowledge of Windows server 2008/2012/2016 and MS SQL2008, SQL2012, SQL2016 technology.
For more information on the above role or to see a full job spec, please contact Ashley Williams at The ONE Group or apply now.