This new position for an Applications Engineer is for someone with a strong technical mindset who also likes to dabble with the commercial side of business and mix with customers.
And working with a superb company in Cambridgeshire, the purpose of the role will be to demonstrate the product's capabilities and how they can integrate with customers' applications. This will also include getting involved with the test, development and specification of the product line - sensors.
We would welcome applications from bright grads or more experienced candidates.
- Responsibility for developing appropriate test and demonstrable experiments of/for sensor products
- Come up with and write up application notes along with the technical writer
- Collecting customer/partner feedback and product requirements for internal communication
- Devise experiments and tests that can solve real customer problems and/or demonstrate the suitability of the product for their application
- Verify specs, datasheets and technical documentation to be a real reflection of product performance
- Use findings to assist the commercial and technical teams to continually develop the product roadmap
- Provide tech support and training to global sales reps
- Help out the sales team with technical enquiries by providing real data and results from internal tests
- Work internally with technology and production teams to coordinate technology demonstration preparation and custom technology solutions for customers and partners
- Technical / Maths Degree
- Understanding of technology transfer processes
- Ability to grasp new scientific concepts and technologies quickly and identify commercial potential
- Enjoy a mix of a customer facing role and a lab environment
- Experience of problem solving and delivering solutions in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of the electronic device industry
- Strong analytical skills
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills; outgoing and confident in working closely with people, internally and externally to the business
- Exceptional team player with the ability to confidently pitch ideas, products, and concepts, irrespective of audience level, whilst maintaining target message
- Ability to work on your own initiative and schedule, organise and prioritise your own workload
- Excellent influencing skills through compelling communication and strong writing skills in a technical environment
- Ability to support national and international travel as and when required by the company
There is an impressive package available which includes company shares, medical cover, pension, etc, as well as some quirky benefits like free breakfast and some fun social clubs!