The one Group are delighted to be exclusively partnering with an ambitious SME based in Oundle - Peterborough, who are looking to appoint an Assistant Management Accountant into their small, but busy accounts team. This is a huge opportunity for a progressive and career driven candidate to really showcase their potential and act as a number two to the Head of Finance.
The ideal candidate would have already started their AAT qualification and be actively studying. If you have started your CIMA or ACCA then you will be of particular interest for this role.
Day to day duties will include:
- Supporting the Finance Assistant with various transactional duties
- Monthly balance sheet recs
- Supporting with the management accounts, variances and commentaries, P&L accounts and cash flow
- Monthly accruals and journals
- Cash flow forecasting
- VAT Returns
- Assisting with system updates and implementation
- Supporting with the budgeting & forecasting
- Business Partnering with department heads
- Assisting with the year end audits
This role is fully office based Monday to Friday so you will need to make sure you live within a commutable distance, however your start and finish time can be flexible.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a real team player and someone who enjoys being in more of a varied and diverse position. You'll work alongside a credible and qualified Head of Finance, who will eventually want to hand down a lot of their work, therefore, there is real potential for this role to grow.
The salary for the role is up to £33,000 depending on experience & study support will be offered, along with a day off on, and before your exams.
For more information about the role or to see a full job description, please contact Megan Lemmon at The ONE Group on or apply now