This company are a massively successful spin-out of Cambridge University and have been growing steadily for the last few years. They boast custom R&D and Production facilities at their Cambridgeshire based premises and are working to become world leaders in the development of graphene-based products.
The position available is a Biosensor Laboratory Technician and is your opportunity to work with an extraordinary technology which is a game-changer in sectors such as green energy and medical instrumentation and diagnostics. And more!
Your responsibilities will include…
- Supporting the biosensor team with lab-based research work
- Fabricate graphene biosensors using novel surface chemistry and processing
- Carry out characterisation, electrical test and measurement, fabrication and analysis and collate results
- Support scale up of processing and test from research to prototype scale, preparing biosensors for trials
- Identify areas for potential improvements and develop solutions
- Maintain and operate lab equipment confidently
- Put together updates for project meetings
- Experience of electronic device fabrication and test, ideally involving solution processing
- If you've worked on biosensors, this would be a huge plus!
- Ideally you'll have a scientific or engineering degree, alternatively, plenty of industrial experience in an R&D environment
- Any additional lab/cleanroom skills would be brilliant
- Strong, hands-on lab skills
- You're a well organised multi-tasker
- Exceptional team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Great team worker who can work equally well individually
This is a start-up, so you'll have some fab benefits; from share options to free breakfasts and a fizzy drinks fridge! Of course, you'll also be rewarded with a great salary. If you tick all the boxes so far, please apply and our dedicated consultant will be keen to have a chat!