IT Business Development/Sales Executive
If you're an ambitious salesperson in 2021, there's really only one place for you to be - and that's the IT industry. And where better to take the next step in your IT sales career than in a worldwide organisation, valued at over £1billion?
We're working with this global technology business to assist with hiring talented salespeople into their rapidly growing sales team. Having been recently named one of the top 50 "World's Most Innovative Companies", this particular organisation is looking to add headcount to the team to keep up with their ever-expanding customer base and fast-growing revenue plans. The right candidate will have access to:
- Fast-tracked career development
- Extensive personal development opportunities
- Uncapped commission
- Private healthcare
- A company pension
- …and loads of other fun social and food-based benefits(!)
So, what's the job? Well, in short, you'll be:
- Cold calling - and lots of it. Not all of your work will be cold calling, but there will be a lot of this, so you'll need to be confident in picking up the phone and speaking to new people!
- Recruiting. Not actually recruiting people to join the business but inviting people to VIP events and managing their sign-up process.
- Managing diaries and booking appointments. This will include booking meetings for Account Managers and following up with prospects who have attended various events.
- Doing a lot of written communication. The company uses LinkedIn and email a lot for communicating with current customers and potential new customers, too, so it's essential that you're pretty happy with writing emails and messages across various platforms. This also applies to recording information on company databases, which needs to be clear and concise.
- Selling and building relationships. This obviously encompasses a lot of the above, but we want to make it really clear that the main aim of this role is to sell the company, the products, the events - and generally just requires you to represent the business in the best way possible at all times!
And what do we expect you to bring with you in terms of skills and experience? Well, we actually don't think we're asking for you to be a Unicorn here, rather what we're looking for is:
- Tenacity, ambition and drive (you will be working to targets, after all)
- Some previous experience in sales and a willingness to advance your sales career (IT sales would be great, but if you think you've got what it takes to succeed in a new industry, we'd love to hear from you anyway)
- Someone who is good with written communication. Again, you don't need an English degree, but knowing the difference between "your" and "you're" would probably help(!)
If you actually are a unicorn and can speak French or German, that would be AMAZING, but if you don't then we'd still love to hear from you.
For more information on the above role, please contact Andy Clarke at The ONE Group or send us your CV today!
Basic Salary £20k-£26k depending on experience + UNCAPPED COMMISSION + Benefits
Please only apply if you have the right to work within the UK.