The opportunity to join a world leader in the Automotive industry doesn't come around every day, so stumbling across this requirement for TWO Technical Consultants to join a highly successful, Cambridge-based team, might just make this a day to remember. This is an incredibly unique opportunity to join a high performing sales engineering team, in a client-facing role.
With responsibility for supporting both business and the development of software (C++), and customers with the technical integration of the business's core software into their own products, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer to join a highly successful team and make a pivotal contribution to delivering world-class connected car solutions. Your time will be split roughly 2 thirds Customer facing, 1 third developing software in C++.
The role will offer the ideal candidate:
- Involvement in cutting edge technology which is not yet released to the public (both IOS and Android)
- The opportunity to travel, especially to the Far East, USA and throughout Europe (COVID permitting!)
- A chance to develop your own ideas into possible new products
- A Cambridge-based office but with flexible working arrangements if desired
- A company contributory pension scheme
- Private medical and dental care
- Discounted gym memberships
The role will require you to:
- Speak to clients on a regular basis, gathering their requirements, conducting product demonstrations, and offering technical solutions.
- Develop software in C++
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including consortia and certification programs.
- Be responsible for keeping up to date with all technical details of product offerings and following new trends and technologies.
- Support the on-going development of product roadmaps, concisely articulating requirements to the core engineering team, agreeing on detailed specifications, and coordinating the delivery to customers.
The right person is likely to:
- Have a degree or equivalent qualification related to Computer Science
- Have extensive recent experience developing software using C/C++
- Possess an understanding of networking programming, protocol design, compression, security and multithreaded programming
- Be familiar with Linux toolchains and Android build-systems
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to run product demonstrations and presentations to customers
- Be willing to travel as required (but not excessively)
If you're keen to expand your professional career within a wide range of vertical markets (including Handset Vendors, Multimedia Software and Automotive Sectors) and possess a desire to deliver cutting-edge solutions to major companies, then please apply now or contact Andy Clarke at The ONE Group for more information.
You must have the right to work within the UK without restrictions, for this position.