The ONE Group are looking for a confident and experienced Chemical Engineer who has worked with microencapsulation, emulsions and/or microfluidics. This Cambridge University spin-out are growing rapidly and are looking to do the same in 2022. Based on the Science Park in Cambridge, they are doing phenomenal things with packaging which is going to have a huge positive impact on our environment!
It's a fabulous time to be joining this company and there are genuine opportunities to progress your career and build your own team as they expand. We are able to look at applications from overseas applicants who are able to relocate to Cambridge.
- Lead the process design of biodegradable microcapsules
- Translate chemical lab scale proof of principle to small scale lab process
- Develop and optimise processes to small pilot scale
- Manage pilot plant trials and support design of process for production of commercial samples
- Develop/establish in-process controls/analytical tools
- Liaise with customer R&D and production teams
- MSc/PhD (or equivalent) in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science
- Industrial experience
- Experience with microencapsulation, emulsions and/or microfluidics
- Experience of polymeric systems preferred
- Passion for sustainability is essential and a basic understanding of sustainable bio-based materials and sustainable process development would be very useful
- Happy to work in a small (growing!), collaborative , science-led, innovative team where you will want to 'roll your sleeves up', get involved and work hard!
The package includes a generous salary, dependent on your level of experience, flexible hours (the role is predominantly lab-based) and share options. Excellent transport links and free parking is available.