Would you like to work in Pisa, Italy?
Ti piacerebbe lavorare a Pisa, Italia?
The ONE Group are working exclusively with a young start-up with Cambridge based roots, but who operate within a class 100/1000 cleanroom in Pisa.
Founded in 2018, they are integrating 2D materials with semiconductors to meet the next-gen requirements of the telecommunication industry. Their platforms include Silicon Photonics, Graphene Photonics, Glass and Nitride, thin-film LN, Hybrid Integration and Advanced Packaging.
Their team of 16 now requires a talented Chief Engineer to lead the front end; PIC design and fabrication activities by implementing a design-for-manufacturing strategy, selecting the appropriate technologies and processes to deliver prototypes and products to customers. Ultimately, you will be the 'bridge' between design and fabrication.
Reporting to the CTO, this is a permanent, full-time position.
- Lead process development and new solutions implementation to meet the requirements defined by the design team
- Ensure the stability and reproducibility of the processes, in particular of the most innovative steps
- Implement technology transfer to external fabs
- Generate internal and external documentation, technical reports and process engineering specifications
- Coordinate the engineering activities in collaboration with the Clean Room Manager
- Implementation of fabrication design rules based
- In collaboration with the Clean Room Manager, stay current with technology development and suggest purchase of new equipment, negotiate technical specifications and prices for new instruments purchase and supervise the installation of the instruments
- Most importantly, An EXPERT in Silicon Photonics
- MSc or PhD in Physics, Engineering, Material Science, or equivalent
- 7+ years fabrication process development/implementation (lithography, deposition, etching), in particular on passive photonic integrated circuit based on SOI, SiO2 and SiN
- Knowledge in III-V technology is a bonus
- Experience in technology transfer to Si foundries or experience in Si foundries
- Understanding of PIC design
- Experience with 2D materials would be helpful
- Language skills: fluent in English (Italian is a bonus)
- Eligibility to work in Italy - the company may be able to sponsor the right individual
We have been fortunate to visit the company's R&D site in Pisa. Located close to the city's charm and culture, they boast excellent facilities and promote friendly, open and trusting teamwork.
For a confidential exploratory conversation, please apply.