We are looking for experienced Consultant Physicist with superb academic credentials and proven technical capabilities to work on Defence related projects in the South Cambridge area.
This position will be predominantly site-based (with some flexibility to work remotely), working within state-of-the-art R&D facilities. You will work on a variety of interesting, innovative projects which will aid the protection of the UK from the most advanced technological and cyber threats.
Working in a small, talented cross-disciplinary team, you will be joining the organisation at an important time, as they prepare to quadruple in size over the next few years.
The role will include prototype development, involving all aspects of technology and product development - from invention, analysis, and computational modelling through to design and transfer to manufacturing.
You will also generate theoretical models and collect evidence through research, modelling and hands-on experimentation.
It's important to mention that as you will be working in Defence, you must be able to gain UK Security Clearance.
- Superb academic record
- 2+ years' experience working as a Physicist, from any sector
- Exceptional knowledge of fundamental and theoretical Physics
- Ability to interface with clients
- Eligibility for UK Security Clearance
You will also have demonstrable knowledge of some of the following:
- Analytical, numerical and finite element simulation
- Thermal systems
- Chemical and materials processes
- Fluorescence imaging and interaction of light with real-world surfaces
- Acoustics and Haptics
- Fluid analysis and microfluidics
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Excellent salary in line with your experience
- Annual bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical cover for the family
- Free lunch and refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Use of on-site gym, restaurant and coffee shop
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Fun activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, running clubs, etc, and discounted memberships for local sports facilities
- A comprehensive relocation package, including relocation support