If you're a Design Engineer looking to take on a new role in a market-leading company then I have just what you're looking for!
Initial 12-month rolling contract.
PAYE: £23.40 p/h Umbrella £30 p/h
The company are a global automotive manufacturing company. They are internationally renowned for their quality and reliability. As part of the Compact Engine Team you will be working in a small, close-knit group where no two days are the same!
As a Design Engineer, you will take responsibility for design activities on electrical harnesses and packaging of electrical components for all engine ranges.
Day to day activities will include:
- Design of harnesses and packaging of electrical components (sensors, ECM's, actuators etc.)
- Working directly with the engine architect to identify space claims
- Working with suppliers to develop harnesses & associated brackets
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Working with the validation team to plan and execute validation tests.
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain 'buy-in' from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers.
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities.
What is required:
- A Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in design of harnesses, brackets, and packaging of electrical components
- Experience with CREO
- Confident with communication and collaboration with multiple teams. Initiating interaction.
We are looking for a driven team player looking to take on a new challenge in a fantastic company.