Design engineer - Job specifications
Opportunity for a design engineer to join the mechanical design team and be responsible for the design and implementation of engine test equipment located within the Europe Research and Development Centre. In this role you will be responsible for the design of components and assemblies which could include engine rigging systems, mechanical systems, driveline components and unique test rigs. You will demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and determination to resolve issues while maintaining high quality standards and excellent communication skills. Good working knowledge of solid modelling (CREO), detail drawing and geometric tolerancing, coupled with experience and a comprehensive understanding of mechanical engineering principles and practice.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- CAD Design of components and assemblies.
- Completion of component and group drawings.
- Provide design calculations and analysis.
- Taking the lead on technical projects.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Engineering degree with a mechanical bias or equivalent.
- Previous experience of using Creo CAD and Teamcenter.
- Geometric tolerancing knowledge.
- Ability to understand detailed drawings and technical specifications.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Team player with the ability to interact with all functions and organisation levels.
- Productive and able to manage own work.
- Good communicator with the ability to present technical data.
- Flexibility and ability to operate under pressure.
- Good fundamental knowledge of Diesel Engines.
- Previous experience within engine test/facilities.
- Knowledge of FMEA's.