We have a new role available for a Development Scientist with a fantastic Royston based biotech company. It's a 12-month contract where you will have the opportunity to work with product development teams on new, innovative products for pharma.
You'll get to work in a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineering and software experts who are at the forefront of R&D in this industry.
These are some of the things you'll be doing…
- Work with development on the spec of new products, exploring the concepts and testing prototypes
- Plan experiments, their test procedures and the analysis of results to determine how effective the product is
- Source materials for testing
- Implement and perform biological/biochemical assays
- Prepare data for reports
- Take part in design reviews with your colleagues, feeding back any faults you've diagnosed from tests to the engineers
- Support customers with trials, including training and application support
- PhD/EngD in Biochemical Engineering, Biology, Chemical Engineering or similar
- Good aseptic lab technique, mammalian culture and process development experience
- Experience with bioreactors; stirred tanks would be ideal
- A solid understanding of the bioprocessing industry
- Good all-round scientific and lab experience
- You know how to plan and execute experiments and can analyse and deliver (sometimes complex) data and conclusions, ideally as part of a project team or within academia
- Reporting and presentation skills to multi-disciplinary audiences
- Experience of engineering product development lifecycle would be really helpful
- Good problem solver
This is a lovely company where you'll have the opportunity to be part of some great projects and pick up some fantastic experience. It's easily accessible by road or rail from Cambridge or London. If you'd like to know more, we'd be happy to chat!