This company are a spin-out of Cambridge University and have Production and R&D facilities are in pretty, rural Cambridgeshire. They been expanding over the last few years and are working to become global leaders in the development of graphene-based products.
The position available is a Device Development Engineer - it's a fantastic opportunity to work with a really cool technology which is a game-changer in sectors such as green energy and medical instrumentation and diagnostics. And more!
We're looking for someone who knows how to develop prototype semiconductor devices and technologies. Working as part of the wider development team you'll develop novel, innovative and ground-breaking technologies from graphene and take them through the NPD process.
- Fabrication and scale up of graphene based sensors and semiconductor devices
- Explore novel packaging solutions to get the optimum from graphene's unique properties
- Compile updates for the management team
- Document & implementation of R&D practices, approaches & policies
- A good degree level in engineering, physics, materials science, etc, or alternatively, lots of suitable equivalent experience
- Semiconductor device fabrication background
- Device packaging knowledge
- Hands-on and capable of finding your way around new scientific concepts and technologies
- Multi-tasker and confident making decisions
These skills would also be very useful…
- Experience with microfluidic devices
- Experience of 2D materials
- Knowledge of biomedical semiconductor applications
- Management of outsourced semiconductor fabrication
This is a start-up, so you'll have some fab benefits; from share options to free breakfasts and a fizzy drinks fridge! Of course, you'll also be rewarded with a great salary. If you tick all the boxes so far, please apply and our dedicated consultant will be keen to have a chat!