My client, based in North Cambridge, UK is currently recruiting for an Engineering People Manager. I am truly excited to be supporting a cutting-edge business who have a passion for developing their people. They are striving to ensure that all their employees receive a consistently high standard of people management, and you will be in a unique position to understand and implement what it takes to ensure their people feel more supported than ever.
This is a stimulating, rewarding role that will offer flexible working hours and a true work life balance, with the ability to work from any location.
On a day-to-day basis you will be managing and developing people in remote teams across multiple time zones within an engineering environment, therefore, you will need the ability to lead, inspire and act in the best interest of both the individual and the company.
What this role involves:
- Having meaningful conversations with the people you will coach and develop
- Understand the performance and development planning process and support your team throughout all stages
- Making difficult decisions as and when required
- Ensure business communication reaches all individuals within your remit
- Running talent assessments and participating in recruitment
- Support the people's personal aspirations and objectives
You will need to have:
- Coaching skills
- Experience recruiting and on-boarding
- Proven experience in managing and developing people in remote teams
- Ability to work with salary, development and other people related issues sensitively and professionally
- General technical understanding
- Ability to lead, inspire and act in the best interest of both the individual and the company
A background working within a Technical or Engineering sector is a must have for this role as you will need to understand technical terminology and will be engaging with Technical Leads, Project Managers and Engineering Manager on a regular basis. However, a background within HR is going to be instrumental in making this role a success.
So, if you are passionate about your work, love to share, coach and understand the value of genuine interpersonal communication then this may be the role for you!