This is a genuine remote opportunity for an Engineering Project Manager who wants the freedom to work at home. There will be occasional office visits to the Cambridgeshire area (Newmarket) but other than that, you're free to work where you wish.
The organisation has been established for over 20 years, providing wireless technology to Telcos and WISPs globally. They pride themselves in being innovators and are an extremely friendly and inclusive organisation to be part of.
They're looking for an experienced technical PM who has managed electronics development projects; maybe as part of a wider team but now perhaps looking for greater responsibility, ownership and influence in the decision making and managing of the development of cutting-edge wireless products. Someone with experience of NPI and delivering a product from concept to production in the electronics industry.
As PM, you will manage the development of wireless products from concept through to production, defining and tracking development schedules, manage resources, risks and big budgets. You will also coordinate internal technical leads and liaise with design houses, IP vendors and tech suppliers to ensure that the project teams deliver. You will also manage project meetings and report on the project status from your end.
You will need to have worked in a similar technical field and have proven experience managing multiple, concurrent, small to medium sized multi-disciplined projects. Your background should be in software or electronics hardware development. You'll be working across different cultures and time zones so that kind of versatility should not be alien to you.
What are the essentials…
- Proven product dev experience across a range of commercial or B2B electronics projects in a technical field
- Good understanding of hardware and software dev process and practices i.e. Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
- Confident dealing with external suppliers, IP and tech vendors and other third parties
- Strong familiarity with PM software (Project, Power BI etc)
- Understanding of modern manufacturing and test techniques in an electronics product environment
What else would give you the 'edge' on other candidates?...
- If you have a degree in Electronic, Software or Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of microwave radio, analogue, digital, software, PCB, test
- Formal qualification in Project Management (Prince2, APM, PMI)
There's an attractive package on offer; 30 days annual leave, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover. The company also values diversity and inclusion and are committed to supporting your development and helping you achieve more throughout your career journey.