Are you from an engineering/manufacturing/technical background? Do you have experience of working within large technical projects?
The role of Estimator is a critical role for the business. This role is accountable for looking at the costs of various technical projects including labour, material and other associated elements. The role would suit either a current project manager or someone looking to step into this style of role from working on the shop floor. This is a very technical position and will require someone to play a key part in various on site projects which are up to £15 million in value.
The day-to-day duties for the Estimator position to include:
- You will be tasked with leading the estimating of various technical projects looking into the labour, material, and other associated costs
- Required to read technical drawings to look into what the material cost and resource demand will be for the projects
- Present your estimates to senior employees and explain your reasonings for these projected costs
- Maintain good communication skills with the other departments
- Look to constantly drive improvements through the business
- Maintain standards of health and safety and security in the work environment
My client is a leading high class engineering company delivering world class solutions and have some very exciting projects going on at the moment. They have an exciting opportunity for a Estimator to join their growing team.
For the Estimator position we are looking for: -
- Must come from an engineering/manufacturing background
- Need to have a strong technical understanding
- Understanding of estimating techniques
- Proven background with estimating cost models in large engineering projects
- The ability to demonstrate cross functional teamwork
- Able to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
Please do not apply for this role if you do not match the criteria as only candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted.
If the role sounds of interest then click to apply and Kieran Evans will be in contact to discuss the finer details.