Hourly rate: Negotiable
Hours: 40 hours per week
Cover: 3 Weeks Temporary cover- Immediate start
The primary function of the role will be to support the Vice President.
This will involve using your initiative to anticipate needs and challenges.
You will need to be his right-hand support and representative with all matters of business and will need to be confident liaising with senior members of staff throughout the EMEA both internally and externally.
- Expertly review and prioritise emails, responding to queries where appropriate, re-directing queries where appropriate, and identifying items of importance that need to be brought to their attention.
- Promptly and skilfully deal with complex and sensitive issues and information, taking into account their sensitivities and see them through to their final conclusion with minimal direction.
- Liaise internally with Executive and Non-Executive Directors, senior managers, colleagues and take decisions in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Act as the key point of contact for issues requiring the Executives attention, using initiative to redirect, signpost or reassign enquiries and requests for information to others on the Senior Leadership team on the Executive Director's behalf where appropriate and necessary.
You will possess:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency in the MS Office suite (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Good grammar and written English
- A positive can do & team player attitude
- Confidentiality is a must
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work under pressure and accommodate last minute changes
- Ideally have supported/liaised with Senior managers throughout the EMEA