A rare opportunity has arisen for a qualified accountant to join a professional community-driven organisation based in Peterborough as their Finance Director, reporting directly to the CEO. Boasting a 35-hour week and seeing the incumbent benefit from flexible working arrangements, this role is positioned on numerous boards of directors and will involve some overnight stays where required to attend meetings and other sites.
The Finance Director plays an integral role in the organisation as the strategic and operational lead for all financial aspects. Due to the emphasis on the ability to formulate and implement an overall strategic plan, we believe it's essential that the successful candidate will have had extensive experience in an FP&A or analysis type role at board level, as well as having worked in a Head of Finance or Finance Director role previously.
A high level of technical accounting ability is essential, inclusive of an excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel. This being said, leadership, communication and presentation skills are equally as important when we consider what success looks like in this role.
Key areas of focus will include:
- Acting as a key advisor to the Board of Directors and CEO
- Providing financial leadership, inclusive of direct line management of the Financial Controller and the wider finance team
- Contributing to the development of company strategy and business plans, inclusive of working towards both financial and non-financial objectives, and continuity planning
- Being accountable for accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring compliance to company policies, accounting standards, tax, data protection, and statutory and regulatory reporting deadlines
- Driving continuous improvement across policies, processes, procedures, and systems use and adoption
- Budgeting, forecasting, managing cashflow and controlling debtors
- Conducting investment appraisals
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with key stakeholders: bank, auditors and tax authority
- Overseeing payroll, expenses and supplier payments
This is a highly condensed list and is a very brief snapshot of a highly important role which forms an essential part of the organisation's recently signed-off, five-year plan. The Finance Director will benefit from hybrid working but must be within a commutable distance of Peterborough for some onsite working, too. With a team that's experienced some change over the past 12 months, the presence of a natural leader for guidance and continuity is essential.
We have a full spec available for this role - which is paying up to £95k plus a bonus and company car or car allowance for the right candidate - which we'd welcome the opportunity to share and discuss further with you should you find the above of interest.
To discuss your suitability or find out more about the role, please contact Ashley Williams at The ONE Group or apply online today.