A leading Peterborough-based organisation - who are often cited as one of the region's best employers - has got a rare opportunity for a qualified accountant (ideally a few years post qualified) to join a newly created finance team as a Finance Manager. This role comes with huge potential to move into more senior roles across the business and offers a 50/50 split between working from home and in the office.
As the holding company for a wider group, the role within this particular business will focus on the preparation of the consolidated and statutory accounts, as well as group reporting for central management purposes. With one direct report and stakeholder management a key part of the role, it's imperative that you'd class yourself as an excellent communicator whose previous roles include some people management.
As someone with demonstratable IFRS technical ability and previous experience in a group environment, preparing, consolidating and reviewing UK statutory accounts, we expect that the following overview of the role will come as no surprise to you:
- Preparation of both management and statutory accounts, including budgeting and forecasting, P&L, balance sheet (fixed assets and reconciliations) and cash flow.
- Management of expenditure (including ledgers), intercompany transactions and balances, and any relationships with third party finance providers.
- Preparation of shareholder reporting, supporting any financial queries and adhoc financial reporting and analysis.
- Support of year end audit to tight reporting deadlines.
In exchange for both your technical accounting abilities and exceptional approach to building internal relationships - and in addition to a competitive salary of up to £55,000 - the company we're partnering with are offering an attractive benefits package, to include:
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- BUPA Private Medical
- Onsite subsidised cafes and restaurants
- Onsite Gym
- Employee Assistance Programme (for 24/7 counselling and other support)
For more information about the role or to see a full job description, please contact Ayrton Fontaine at The ONE Group or apply now.