Rushden, East Northamptonshire
Join a business that has experienced a huge phase of growth and are expanding rapidly as their new Financial Controller.
Work in brand new offices in Rushden, reporting into the friendliest FD as their number two and support the team below you made up of a Credit Controller, Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Finance Assistants. The team do not need daily task management but would value your impact as a sounding board when something goes wrong.
Budget, forecast and business partner with the Procurement team to understand the commercial side of the business and keep the trajectory moving in the right direction. Produce Monthly Cashflow statement for the Finance Director, reporting on variances to forecast:
In this role you will also:
- Produce monthly Management Accounts, ensuring that all Balance Sheet Accounts are reconciled each month, taking corrective action to guarantee timeliness and accuracy of information:
- Manage quarterly stock takes including preparation and processing of manual stock sheet to obtain accurate valuation in a timely manner:
- Provide support to the Finance Director and operation teams within the business; analysing and interpreting the accounts, ensuring that managers fully understand the financial impact of the decisions being made:
- Ensure adherence to all legal, statutory and accounting requirements generally which affect the company.
- Oversee the Payroll process, providing assistant to the HR team and complete all monthly reviews and checks:
- PAYE and Pension administration and management including P11Ds
- Proactively develop and maintain internal business processes and IT systems to improve processes, accuracy of data and access to information:
Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
Confident with budgeting and forecasting, using models
Audit preparation and management for an external auditor
Online banking & pension software
Financial management experience including bank reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, monthly management accounts, cost analysis, corporate taxes including PAYE and VAT: Accounting within an environment where you business partner procurement teams like manufacturing or construction would be highly desirable.
Due to the location of this role in Rushden, the office is commutable within 45 minutes from areas across Northamptonshire including Kettering, Wellingborough, Central Northampton, Earls Barton, Sywell and areas outside Northamptonshire like St Neots, Huntingdon and Bedford.
If you are looking for an FC role where you can join a team as the FD's number two, apply today to find out more.