This role is a crucial hire for our client and one that will support the Head of Finance in the technical accounting for this ever growing group in the FMCG sector.
The aim of this person will be to become the subject matter specialist on all areas financial accounting and duties will include
- Overseeing preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Preparation of year-end subsidiary packs for group consolidation team
- Preparing corporation tax, VAT and overseas returns
- Collaborating with overseas tax specialists
- R & D tax credit analysis
- IFRS / IAS paper composition and update
- Reviewing monthly reporting packs, ensuring controls are adhered to
- Reviewing and improving controls and processes where required
- Working closely with wider group finance
The ideal candidate will be audit trained in a large firm and will be familiar working with largescale businesses.
In-depth knowledge of IFRS and tax compliance are key aspects to this role as is being a fully qualified accountant with a pertinent background in a large firm where audit was your primary focus.
As you would expect, strong IT skills, particularly in Excel are required alongside a keen eye for detail and the ability to present at board level in the absence of your manager.
This role represents and outstanding opportunity for someone with the right skills and experience to join a company that is always innovating, has a history of internal promotion and recognition and also supports an element of hybrid working.
Whilst ideally full-time, if the right candidate was looking for four days a week, that would also be considered.